Nothing screams Christmas joy more than something handmade. Wooden decorations are a super easy way to make personalised gifts and let’s face it, they work a treat when your mince pie baking game isn’t quite perfected. They last a lot longer too!
- Measure your decoration and size your design. (We went for snowflakes as Christmas is coming, EEEK!)
- Cut and weed your design in paint masking stencil vinyl and apply application tape.
Tip: If your design is intricate, apply application tape before weeding, then remove the backing and reverse weed. The stickiness of the application tape will hold down tiny parts so they don’t go missing!
- Apply the stencil film to your decoration using a squeegee.
- Using a cutting mat and a scalpel, cut away any excess.
- Peel away the application tape.
- Start painting!
- Once the paint is dry, carefully remove the stencil film and BINGO! Now doesn’t that look beautiful!?